Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happiness....

There are different points throughout life where we reflect on the path we've been on and the path we're headed.  Sometimes it's smooth sailing and sometimes it's so bumpy we wonder if  we're going to bounce right off!  At some point, we'll reach a fork in the road that is a decision point in our lives. 

Thich Nhat Hanh says "Happiness is feeling as if you're on the right path."  One translation is that there is a 'right' path and a 'wrong' path.  This puts pressure into making the 'right' decision and with it, a tendency to worry and/or procrastinate which leads to anxiety and more procrastination.  Not very productive and certainly does not provoke happiness. 

Another translation, the one I subscribe to is no matter which path you choose, if you believe it's the 'right' one than you'll find happiness.  I've recently been exploring two separate paths in my life.  I'll admit, I got stuck in the mindset that I had to make the 'right' choice.  I struggled with my decision for many months.  I had an 'aha' moment, right before I came across this quote, that allowed to me to make a decision on which path to take.  I can now see that either path would lead to happiness as long as I choose one and allowed myself to move forward.  I can honestly say that I feel a sense of happiness and freedom!

Take a look at your life.  Is there a fork in the road ahead of you?  If you can identify what it is and make a decision one way or another, you can commit to happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment